Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Going Green

I have a confession. I am a rebel. I tend to avoid or do the opisite of what is expected or requested of me from society. I don't want to do something that is considered popular just for the sake of the popularly. I want to do something becasue in my heart I believe it is the right thing to do.

The approach of "Going Green" seems to me to be a huge media propaganda project for the greater good, and the future blah blah.... I really don't like the emotional blackmail guilt trip to going green as a reason for my participation. (If you don't go green you must not want to give your kids a great future, or you don't like polar bears) This is the point where the rebel in me comes out.....I can't be the only one? Am I? The green movement has been widely commercialized, there is a green alternative to almost everything. Manufactures are putting lables on thier products saying that they are green, but are they really. GRRR

People love celebrities. It seems to be the fad to for celebrities like Lenordo DiCaprio to urge his fans and others to "go green". How can one refuse? He is so cute, he must be right. (I am being so sarcastic) How can someone (Leo) with a larger carbon foot print than mine tell me I need to go green. (he wastes more electricity lighting his tennis courts, then my entire house uses) It seems really funny to me. I think folks would go green and stay green if it was something they really believed in, and not a fad....or the popular thing to do...

I consider my self a very green person but I bet there are some ways I can do a much better job.

I am going to discover ways to reduce my waste without increasing my budget. I hope you sit back and relax and enjoy my journey, and don't be afraid to let me know what you think. I am not wanting to debate to much....be a grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment