Friday, April 29, 2011
Here was an article from the ETSY blog about using a free software program called Picnik. The writer of this article frequents the front page often with her images. This is the method she uses for all of her photos. I signed up for picnik. It was free. I took the same ugly photo and edited it. It was just the push of one button and it was super easy. Picnik has lots of advanced features that are awesome. I use these same filters in photoshop and it takes me an hour to achieve the effects that Picnik achieves in an hour.It was really great when I realized you can take your photos from your facebook page and bring them into picnik for editing. I would say that Picnik is a great investment of your time. Look at the images below. Which necklace would you purchase
Thursday, April 28, 2011
You will also notice you can change font colors in these areas as well as font size
Monday, April 25, 2011
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
I think the blog header is the most important element of a blog. It says this is who and I am and what my blog is about. It draws your readers in.
In order to make a fangtastic blog Header you will need to:
1. Log on to your blogger account
2. Set up the width of your blog...I recommend a width of 1000. but do what you want...your banner must be 20 pixels less than your blog width. This is where you set the margins on the side banners as well. I recommend no less than 200. THEN CLICK THE ORANGE BUTTON IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER...THAT SAYS APPLY TO BLOG.. (DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE) Then click on the back to blogger link in that same corner.
- Blog Title: Your blog title. This will apear in the tabs at the top of the page when someone is visiting your blog
- Blog Description.....You know....what is your blog about
- Now choose your blog from your computer. If you notice at the bottom I circled a size. Blogger automaticlly tells you what size your header should be to fill the page. How helpful. Then click INSTEAD OF TITLE AND DESCRIPTION
- FROM WEB is when you use a free blogger from a site and just add the words to your blog....if you do this then you will click on the button behind title and description. There are lots of great sites for this. Shabby Blogs is the most Popular. The Cutest blog on the block works as well. I have never used either one so read that information before making any changes to your blog.
- Shrink to fit is used when your blog header doesn't really fit and you want to make it fit. I tested this out hopeing it would be helpful. It is not helpful. If you just need a little nudge no problem, but if your image is way to larger then this button will distort your banner.
Monday, April 18, 2011
- Click on DESIGN
- ADD A GADGET
- HTML/Java Script
- add Script and title if you desire. (look below)
- Then SAVE and you are done.
Friday, April 15, 2011
- With your banner design give your customer a good idea of what they will find in your shop.
- Make sure your banner ties in with the colors and branding of your business. I love using images from the customers products.
- Use your banner to share more about your business WITHOUT making your banner to busy..Don't OVERFILL your banner with to much information.
- It is okay to look at all of the similar business banners out like your business. Don't try to imitate their designs make sure you do something DIFFERENT.
- A Great banner means nothing without a great product images. Make sure you take great photos. FotoFuse is an awesome tool.
Picnik - Online photo editing service
Aviary - Web-based photo editing with lots of fun tools
Gimp - Free image editor, alternative to Photoshop